Thursday, December 31, 2009

The problem with www.ihatethemida.com as submitted to the hate mail section

I'm putting this up because I think it is a good example of two problems facing us today:

1. The Media
2. Exploitation of people through logical fallacies

Please everyone, learn your logical fallicies so you can identify when you are being lied to!






Why is this web site called "I Hate The Media"?

Like many people I don't like the media because it has become monopolized by National Enquirer and Jerry Springer type news; while at the same time ignoring very important social, economic, and political issues.

For a second lets ignore the fact that a web site in of itself is a source of media. I would expect a web site called "ihatethemedia.com" to have articles on how media likes to fear monger, cover reality shows, get duped by the balloon boy stunt, give constant updates about Tiger Woods affairs, octo-mom or Sarah Palin... need I go on?

Instead I find this to be a political attack web site against Democrats/Liberals. Which I have no problem with if you call yourself "I Hate Liberals" or "I Hate Democrats" but this name creates a conflict of interests as it establishes a basic appeal to popularity.

The appeal to authority is that: Many people are tired of the media as an entity as I have described above and this web site exploits that mentality as part of a political agenda.

For this reason I submit my complaint to the hate mail.

Thanks

No comments: